Bleeding on Extraction
- Slight bleeding after an extraction is normal. Clots usually form within one hour if you follow doctor’s post-op instructions.
- Place a thick gauze pad over the extraction site and apply pressure by biting on the gauze.
- Avoid rinsing, drinking, and eating for at least one hour following the extraction.
- After 24 hours, rinse the area with warm salt water(1/2 tsp. salt in 8 oz of water) after eating to keep the site clean.
- Wet a tea bag, place it on the extraction site, and bite on it.
- Avoid sucking, spitting, and smoking.