- Try taking Tylenol or Aspirin to ease the pain.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water to remove debris.
- Use dental floss to remove any food that may be trapped between the teeth.
- If there is swelling, apply a cold compress or ice wrapped in a cloth to the outside of the cheek.
- Use an over-the-counter topical anesthetic with 5%-20% benzocaine every two hours or as needed to help relieve the pain temporarily. However, do not rely on over-the-counter medication.
- If there is a hole in the tooth, place a small cotton pellet containing Clove Oil in the site to relieve pain.
- DO NOT PUT HEAT OR ASPIRIN ON THE SORE AREA.
- See a dentist.